Agile organisations can react and adapt faster to continuous change yet remain focused on product innovation and customer-first strategies. It enable more options to flourish in a world that is increasingly uncertain, ambiguous and facing contant disruption.
Create an Agile transaformation plan based on principles that allow your business to align strategy, teams, talent and innovation to drive value. Agile can ensure your vision and culture, including customer first principles are developed to their maximum potential through a proactive transformation to develop business agility proficiency.
Agile methods are not always prescriptive, making their implementation difficult and unnerving for many managers, processes owners and individuals with existing investments in non-Agile processes. SAFe 5.0 provides a way forward to adopt Agile across the origination, but it does require a deep understanding of the underlying principles to create a change roadmap that is executable.
Here are some underlying principles to consider always in whatever form your Agile Roadmap takes:
- Collaborative empowered teams over processes
- Working solutions over comprehensive documentation
- Customer first collaboration over complex legal frameworks
- Constant strategic and tactical change alignment over strict plans
Agile adoption will be more successful by fostering shared principles. Whatever the change management direction or team activities you embed, the following principles provide guidance and useful benchmarks:
- Customer satisfaction through early and continuous product and service delivery
- Accommodate changing requirement throughout the design and development process
- Frequent delivery of working products and services, but don’t underinvest in enablers
- Collaboration between all stakeholders throughout the project at every stage
- Build projects around motivated individuals and give them the support and trust needed
- Encourage face-to-face communication for effective information transfer and decisions
- Working product and services are the primary measure of success
- Nurture teams and stakeholders to work in a consistent and sustainable pace
- Detailed attention to technical and design excellence will lead to increased quality and agility
- Simplicity and art of not-doing wasteful activities are essential
- Self-organizing teams encourage great architectures, requirements, and designs
- Regularly reflect and re-tune ways of working leads to more effective behaviours
Our transformation roadmap takes a wholistic Organisation, Leadership, Technology and Team approach to ensure the Agile mindset is adopted universally. Generating greater business agility and returns from a long-term sustainable adoption of Agile should be the goal.
Our approach to Agile adoption is based on the Safe 5.0 framework.
Our experience with SAFe 5 is extensive and allows us to define pragmatic Roadmaps for adopting and scaling-up Agile at every level. Our experience has also shown that not every organisation, department, team or individual is ready to change at the same pace and enthusiasm. Simple pragmatic no-nonsense methods are required to succeed.
Our approach goes beyond strategy and design, with hands-on roles and activities to ensure best practices evolve:
- SAFE 5.0 simplified and flexible without compromising principles
- Unleash greater use of metrics and lean UX design think
- Nurture and empower Agile teams to deliver using lean methods
- Reshape enterprise governance to make it Agile friendly
- Embed multiple funding approaches with right transparency
- Vendor and solution projects with 3rd party agile SLAs
- Enterprise platform strategies and execution with Agile embedded